Quick Test for Type of Learner
Lisette Casey and I were just talking about this quick test to see what type of learner you or your students are. I am not sure how accurate it is, but here is the method:
- Ask your student to visualize their bedroom and ask them to really look around and see what is in their room.
- Observe their eyes while they are doing this.
- If their eyes move upward, they are visual learners.
- If their eyes move downward, they are kinesthetic learners.
- If their eyes stay pretty even, they are auditory learners.
How does this help us as teachers? I think it helps the students to know their strengths and weaknesses. The more a student knows about themselves the better. The more a teacher knows about themselves and their students the better. Continue to learn about yourself and your students.