Home > Collaboration and Communication, Creativity and Innovation, Relationships, Uncategorized > My Homework from @bhwilkoff
My Homework from @bhwilkoff
11 Random Facts about Me:
- I went to computer camp in the early 80’s at Lake Forest College and loved it.
- I have a BA in Philosophy with a Math minor from an all-girls Catholic college.
- My sophomore year of college I spent a year in Rome, Italy.
- I met my husband by asking him dance while he was sitting with six girls three days before I left for Rome.
- I swam summer league my whole life and made it to Nationals in college.
- I grew up in the Midwest.
- I try to quilt every Sunday with a friend. We quilt just to pass the time.
- I had a seizure on a plane once – freaked my husband out.
- Since my father passed in 2007, I talk to my mom almost every day of the year.
- I am an optional vegetarian – I try to only eat vegetarian but I am not strict.
- I have never really played a team sport.
11 Bloggers to Tag:
- @heatherd1951 – Heather Davis- http://teachlesslearnmore.edublogs.org/
- @julielindsay – Julie Lindsay – http://www.learningconfluence.com/
- @MrsMorgansClass – Louise Morgan – http://mrsmorgansstars.edublogs.org/
- @coolcatteacher – Vicki Davis – http://www.coolcatteacher.com/
- @LParisi – Lisa Parisi – http://www.thelisaparisi.com/
- @donnaroman – Donna Roman – http://donnaroman.wordpress.com/
- @tdallen5 – Theresa Allen – http://csrncomputers.blogspot.com/
- @klirenman – Karen Lirenman – http://learningandsharingwithmsl.blogspot.ca/
- @Kelli_Cody – Kelli Cody – http://voyagerpaintbrush.wordpress.com/
- @robynthiessen – Robyn Thiessen – http://mrsthiessensclass.com/
- @jasongraham99 – Jason Graham – http://learningandsharingwithmsl.blogspot.ca/
11 Questions from @bhwilkoff:
- Where do you go when you want to think? I like to think in my bed. It is quiet up there and not a lot of distractions.
- What is your writing ritual? I don’t write as much as I need to but I try to blog on Sundays before or after quilting.
- What is the best thing that you can cook? My husband is the cook. I like to cook quinoa with pesto, sweet potatoes and kale, but I am the only one who eats it
- When did you know you wanted to be an educator? After college I was a paralegal for a few years and I was the person everyone wanted to learn from. I became a computer trainer.
- How do you learn best? I learn by doing. I also learn from teaching because there are always things you don’t know about things.
- What is the most amazing thing you ever saw a kid do (your child or someone else’s)? A student who was in my intro computer class made the most amazing game with Scratch.
- What is the one thing you want to do most before you shuffle off this mortal coil? Do more yoga.
- What do you think of Google Glass? I have not seen them yet, but I don’t think I will like them. I am more interested in producing with technology. Google Glass seems to be more about consuming information.
- What is the best piece of art you ever purchased? 5 photos of doors that I purchased in Chicago at the Hyde Park Art Fair.
- What would the tagline for a movie about your life be? I really can’t imagine a movie being made of my life so I will choose “Simply Here”.
- What do you do when there is a jar that you just can’t open? Find my husband, daughter or son.
11 Questions for these Bloggers:
- What is the first website you go to?
- Is there an app/website you can’t live without?
- What is the best book you ever read?
- Who is your favorite teacher?
- What kind of student were you?
- If you could eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Which superpower: super strength, flying, invisibility?
- Do you use your public library?
- If you could be a professional athlete, what would it be?
- Do you have any pets? What kind?
- When was the last time you laughed so hard your stomach hurt?